Rick Beechner, Assistant Director
Elk County Council on Aging
134 E. Washington #B
Howard, KS 67349
Elk County Council on Aging office in Howard
The following locations in Elk County provide Friendship Meals on site. You will need to call 24 hours ahead and make a reservation.
- Grenola, 102 S. Main, (620) 358-3601
- Howard, 148 N. Wabash, (620) 374-2200
- Longton, Kansas Ave., (620) 642-6861
- Moline, 110 N. Main, (620) 647-8178
Some meetings may be cancelled or changed if the normal meeting date falls on, or close to, a holiday. Check the calendar to be sure.
For more about Elk County, see
- Elk County Council on Aging
- 3rd Thursday, odd months, 2 pm (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept, Nov)
held in the Howard Housing Authority Community Room (where the Elk County Council on Aging is also housed), Howard, KS
- Kansas Legal Services
- held on various dates at the senior center in various communities within the county. Please check the calendar for dates and towns. Anyone in the county wanting an appointment that day may call in advance for a specific time.
- Coordinated Transit District #11
(Chautauqua, Cowley, Elk & Greenwood Counties)
- Times and places change. To get on the mailing list contact:
Norma Barkus, Chairperson, 620-374-2403
- Elk County Service Providers
- held 2:30pm on the third Monday of odd months at Howard Housing Authority Community Room, 134 E. Washington, Howard.
Open to all service providers in Elk County. Discussion on current and future issues for the aging population. Contact: Rick Beechner, Assistant Director 620-374-2403
| ~ Serving 10 counties ~
Chautauqua · Cowley · Elk · Greenwood · Harper · Kingman · McPherson · Reno · Rice · Sumner